APB: Non English Language Slang

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Fri Sep 3 03:11:01 UTC 2004

>Can anyone help? I am looking for an overview, an article on or indeed the
>history - either in English or French (my language 'abilities' stop there)
>of non-anglophone slang, or any aspect thereof.

If I understand the question right, I suppose one can employ the catalogue
of one's local library.

For example: my local campus (U. Pittsburgh) library catalogue (on-line)
shows 75 items in response to the keywords <<"French" AND "slang">>.

A few examples:

Title:  A sociolinguistic history of Parisian French / R. Anthony
Lodge.