CYA

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sun Sep 12 20:06:40 UTC 2004

I saw "CYA" in print in a story that used Army initial-jargon as
section headings. This story appeared in the Magazine of Fantasy &
Science-Fiction in 1979. The site below claims a Vietnam-era origin,
without specifying a date, but it implies that the term would have been
in use in 1973:

<http://www.jwalsh.net/projects/research/military_jargon/>

-Wilson Gray