"There's a saying..." (Part three)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 20 03:58:20 UTC 2004

More sayings.

(LITERATURE ONLINE)
 Agoos, Julie, 1956- [Author Page]
Above the Land  3Kb , [from Above the Land (1987), Yale University Press] [URL for this text]
Found 1 hit(s).
...if from a long way. There's a saying: it's a long...
 There's a saying: it's a long day if you're waiting---well,

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Clothing Optional Park
... Probably get lots of Babtists . . . There's a saying here in Texas--Babtists don't
recognize the Pope in Rome, Mormons in Utah, or each other in liquor stores. ...
misc.business.marketing.moderated - Aug 13, 2004 by tock at sbcglobal.net - View Thread (14 articles)

Re: DIVX will grow faster than DVD
... You can't ignore the fact that DVE/CCity just can't find an investor. There's a
saying in the computer field that goes, "Never trust a version marked 1.0". ...
rec.video.dvd.players - Feb 18, 1999 by Marc Y. Paulin - View Thread (277 articles)

Re: Advice on overworking a pup
... There's a saying floating around that, "If your dog is fat, you aren't getting
enough exercise." All that distance is certainly good for the people too. ...
rec.hunting.dogs - Aug 19, 2002 by Larry Caldwell - View Thread (20 articles)

Re: BLOCKBUSTERS
... circuit and breaks out into distribution. There's a saying called "the
masses are the asses", and that's very true. I see lots of kids ...
rec.arts.movies.production - Jan 11, 2000 by George Selinsky - View Thread (3 articles)

Re: Question for msmullin at aol.com
... There are supermodels in their 30's still doing just fine.) There's a saying
in sex work that after 30 you have to either get blond or boobs. ...
rec.arts.movies.erotica - Mar 26, 1998 by MsMuffinF - View Thread (7 articles)

Re: NRA?
... Among the neurosurgeons, there's a saying "when the air hits your brain, you're
never the same." The risks aren't necessarily communicated, even to a ...
alt.books.tom-clancy - Jun 22, 2003 by Howard Berkowitz - View Thread (252 articles)

Re: [RATINGS] Vince has Bossman beat the crap out of Bischoff in ...
... Which is my point. There's a saying about how if you put one hand in a fire
and the other hand in ice water, on average the temerature is just right. ...
rec.sport.pro-wrestling.moderated - Nov 29, 1998 by mdb - View Thread (97 articles)

Re: Comments
... year. There's a saying: "I no longer fear Hell, for I have worked
retail." I know someone who worked a cash register in October. ...
talk.origins - Dec 5, 2003 by Andrew Arensburger - View Thread (218 articles)

Re: Tournament!
... rock. There's a saying "how do you tell the difference between a porcupine
and a BMW", the BMW has the pricks on the inside. Not ...
rec.outdoors.fishing.bass - Jun 4, 2003 by alwaysfishking - View Thread (20 articles)

Re: Top 10 Most Overrated card notes
... there's a saying about free will i'll try to translate here : "one billion flies
can't be wrong : let's eat shit !!" so i think, if frederick scott does not ...
rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad - Aug 11, 2004 by Reyda - View Thread (55 articles)

Re: Idiot!
... There's a saying here, "You give him a finger, he'll take the whole hand."
That's what I think happens now in the States with President Bush. ...
rec.arts.sf.fandom - Sep 23, 2001 by Vlatko Juric-Kokic - View Thread (664 articles)

Re: OT: Note to Cindy7438
... There's a saying in our little corner of silicon heaven: "Any word can be verbed." And of course the ever-popular "This sentence no verb." "To antique" brings ...
rec.antiques - Jun 29, 1999 by Charleen Bunjiovianna - View Thread (7 articles)

Re: P4 performance (was: Re: Compaq kills Alpha)
... could have done? There's a saying in the aviation industry that with
a big enough engine you can fly a barn door. Well, the x86 ...
comp.sys.dec - Jul 3, 2001 by Peter da Silva - View Thread (12 articles)

Re: QuickTime 3.0: A suggestion for Apple
... it. There's a saying, "You can't uncook an egg." Apple, by removing
features we had years ago, has created a LOT of ill will. Like ...
comp.sys.mac.system - Apr 3, 1998 by Kurt Tappe - View Thread (9 articles)

Re: Is Ng1-f3 ... 5 ... f7 a bad idea?
... There's a saying in chess: "Patzer sees a check, Patzer takes a check." Your computer
opponent is giving you those checks because it's calculating that they're ...
rec.games.chess.analysis - Jan 10, 2001 by rmosk at my-deja.com - View Thread (87 articles)

Re: Is Israel a good ally for the USA?
... There's a saying in America which I like very much: "Your reputation as a cook
is just as good as the last meal you have served." When you consider the ...
talk.politics - Apr 17, 2002 by simonin - View Thread (17 articles)

Re: I AM AN AIRCRAFT INSPECTOR
... There's a saying in the aircraft business, "Planes are designed by PhD's, flown
by college grads and serviced by high school dropouts." I've seen folks leave ...
misc.consumers - Jan 10, 2004 by Alan Peterman - View Thread (10 articles)

Re: Should We Colonize Mars?
... possibly come about". There's a saying: No bucks, no Buck Rogers. No, I'm not looking to make my personal fortune here. I started ...
sci.space.policy - Nov 13, 2000 by Mike Combs - View Thread (207 articles)

Re: Bose vs. Whatever
... In fact, there's a saying: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose". Bose is successful because of its marketing - not because of innovation. -->Neil
rec.audio.pro - Sep 16, 1999 by Neil Bradley - View Thread (23 articles)

Re: A bumper year for wing nuts, Mabel, pass that thar bushel ...
... I say yes. There's a saying outside of gunloonland: "It's not the size
of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog". ...
talk.politics.guns - Sep 25, 1999 by Zepp - View Thread (41 articles)

Re: A seacheable White Dwarf database [WD] What we've been ...
... It could be the complete RGMW guide for idiots, but there's a saying
"Build a product that idiots can use and only idiots will". ...
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer - Sep 9, 2002 by Rob Singers - View Thread (56 articles)

Re: ID4 - an effects wagon
... favorites. There's another possibility, of course. In the music industry
there's a saying that goes back to tin pan alley. "If you ...
misc.writing.screenplays - Jul 6, 1996 by HowDow - View Thread (4 articles)
 In the music
industry there's a saying that goes back to tin pan alley.  "If you hear a
good song, write it!"

Re: A new "race" - the American Negro <Byker>
... <Those are TRIBAL societies, dumbass. To this day there's a saying in Africa,
"If you don't belong to a tribe, then you don't belong.">> * AND... ...
soc.culture.african.american - Oct 10, 2003 by IMJ - View Thread (6 articles)

Re: [NEWS] Marvel gets a breather
... I want a loan with this bank! There's a saying in the banking industry: If
you owe the bank a thousand dollars and can't pay, you are a deadbeat. ...
rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe - Dec 5, 1996 by Bill Roper - View Thread (18 articles)
There's a saying in the banking industry:
If you owe the bank a thousand dollars and can't pay, you are a deadbeat.
If you owe the bank a million dollars and can't pay, you are a valued
customer...