"There's a saying..." (Part four)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 20 04:54:10 UTC 2004

More sayings. Sorry for any overlap.
(GOOGLE NEWS)
Camp cuisine
Kansas City Star (subscription), MO - Sep 15, 2004
... food duties. “There's a saying that everything tastes better outdoors, which I certainly don't agree with,” Latimer says. “If ...
On thin ice
Long Beach Press-Telegram, CA - Sep 15, 2004
... old. He even had seizures.". There's a saying north of the border that Canadian kids learn to skate before they can walk. Macias ...
Kerry backers rip Swift boat critics
The Capital Times, WI - Aug 23, 2004
... "It's not going to work this time," he promised. "There's a saying in my part of the country: When you start throwing dirt you're losing ground.". ...
Adopting 'problem' children may be perfect blessing
San Jose Mercury News (subscription), CA - Aug 31, 2004
... that. It's the nature of things. "There's a saying that police and social workers have: If you want to be loved, be a fireman. We ...
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: WotC Abuse type stuff
... past. There's a saying in the high-tech industry: "sooner or later you have to shoot the engineers and ship the damn thing". It ...
rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc - Feb 1, 1995 by Dennis Francis Heffernan - View Thread (4 articles)
Re: Hornet 2.0 [3.0]
... Probably not. There's a saying in the industry that says, "There comes a time when you have to shoot the programmers and ship the product." That time has come. ...
comp.sys.mac.games.flight-sim - Aug 14, 1996 by Gabe Mares - View Thread (49 articles)
 Â  Â
Re: Do we really have to save *all* of them?
... [7] Ireland. [8] There's a saying, "The problem with making something foolproof
is that fools are so damned ingenious," which comes to mind here. ...
alt.tech-support.recovery - Apr 24, 1999 by Stephen - View Thread (7 articles)
Re: A question whose answer might seem obvious
... (There's a saying: if someone speaks two or more languages, they come from continental Europe. If they speak one language, they're British. ...
rec.arts.sf.composition - Jul 9, 2001 by David Given - View Thread (139 articles)
Re: ID4 - an effects wagon
... favorites. There's another possibility, of course. In the music industry there's a saying that goes back to tin pan alley. "If you ...
misc.writing.screenplays - Jul 6, 1996 by HowDow - View Thread (4 articles)
In the music
industry there's a saying that goes back to tin pan alley. Â "If you hear a
good song, write it!"
Re: A new "race" - the American Negro <Byker>
... <Those are TRIBAL societies, dumbass. To this day there's a saying in Africa, "If you don't belong to a tribe, then you don't belong.">> * AND... ...
soc.culture.african.american - Oct 10, 2003 by IMJ - View Thread (6 articles)
Re: Extruder Selection Help Please
... As with every purchase, the worst purchases are those that don't get used. There's a saying that the price is forgotten when the item is enjoyed. ...
bit.listserv.clayart - Apr 19, 1999 by Jeremy/Bonnie Hellman - View Thread (11 articles)
Re: A (not)Great New (trashy)Sci-Fi Novel!
... Oh well... There's a saying: the British think that a hundred miles is a long way; the Americans think that a hundred years is a long time. ...
rec.arts.sf.composition - Dec 22, 1999 by David Given - View Thread (297 articles)
Re: Equipment Junkie
... which I truly enjoy. There's a saying: "beware the man who has only one rifle; he probably knows how to shoot it". The same is true ...
rec.photo.equipment.35mm - Sep 30, 1999 by Dave - View Thread (30 articles)
Re: Nudist children's privacy issues (was: Nude Photos of ...)
... off-the-scale misunderstood and abused. There's a saying that "You can't boil the ocean". Applied to programming, it means (for ...
rec.nude - Nov 27, 1995 by Charlie Perkins - View Thread (146 articles)
Re: Legitimate Post?
... There's a saying out there that goes like this: "Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick any two." That philosophy hasn't steered me wrong yet. ...
comp.sys.mac.apps - Mar 15, 2000 by Charles Martin - View Thread (8 articles)
Re: "Mini-1" ultralight helicopter
... Look, there's a saying about the net- if you want the right answer, just post a wrong one. Even I get corrected. It's just life. ...
rec.aviation.ultralight - Jun 5, 1998 by Craig Wall - View Thread (18 articles)
Re: whatever happened to civility?
... think we see a lot of. You know, there's a saying: Opinions are like a*holes; everyone's got one. Let's try not wielding our opinions ...
rec.arts.movies.current-films - Dec 5, 1996 by Philip Tone - View Thread (4 articles)
Re: Battelle Special Report #14 Conclusions...
... you. There's a saying in ther law: When the facts are against you, argue the law; when the law is against you, argue the facts. ...
sci.skeptic - Sep 10, 1996 by Michael Edelman - View Thread (28 articles Â
There's a saying in ther law: When the facts are against you, argue the law;
when the law is against you, argue the facts. When the law and the facts
are against you, stand up and pound on the table.

Re: Music for Money vs. Music for Love
... There's a saying - "Make music your mistress, not your wife." (Apologies to anyone who finds it sexist - I didn't make it up.) I'd hate for music to become ...
rec.music.makers.bass - Oct 9, 1996 by David Hodges - View Thread (60 articles)
Re: How risky are nucs?
... There's a saying in the aeronautical industry: Airplanes are designed by people with Ph.Ds Airplanes are built by people with Masters. ...
sci.environment - Sep 24, 2000 by Gregory Greenman - View Thread (211 articles)
There's a saying in the aeronautical industry:
Airplanes are designed by people with Ph.D.s
Airplanes are built by people with Masters.
Airplanes are flown by people with Bachelors...

Re: Aerodynamics of flight question
... there's a saying that the second engine in a twin helps the plane get to the crash location more quickly, and strangely that's proven to be true. ...
rec.skydiving - Sep 15, 1995 by Bill Von Novak - View Thread (11 articles)
Re: Brake Rotors: Why Different Sizes?
... Well, there's a saying in the car industry, "If you have a thousand engineers, each one has an improvement in mind that only costs a buck. ...
rec.autos.misc - Feb 6, 2004 by Stephen H. Westin - View Thread (11 articles)
Re: The Data Quality Act
... No, Windows' GUI was probably written in VB, not least because internally at Microsoft there's a saying that developers should "eat their own dog food ...
comp.programming - Jul 19, 2002 by Edward G. Nilges - View Thread (988 articles)
Re: Plain Text & Modified Version of "New LRT"
... Simple little concept called "follow the accepted protocols" ... There's a saying "There are no rules on the usenet, until you break them". ...
rec.games.computer.stars - Apr 18, 2001 by James McGuigan - View Thread (119 articles)
Usury is Taught
... bankruptcy laws can protect him. There's a saying on Wall Street that if you lose $2 million, you lose your job. If you lose $200 ...
soc.motss - Dec 9, 1998 by frank w elliott jr - View Thread (4 articles)
There's a saying on Wall Street that if you lose $2 million, you lose
your job. Â If you lose $200 million, you get vice presidency (or
partnership) at another firm. Â After all, you must be a real player
if you can get your hands on that kind of cash.
GETTING IN (TO WHAT)
... There's a saying ing the navy "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor." Should I take some of what I'm seeing with a grain of salt and consider this the "bitching ...
misc.transport.trucking - Jun 22, 2003 by Bill Moore - View Thread (8 articles)
Re: Is raising children depressing?
... now i could very well be offended ;-) ;-There's a saying, "Moral indignation is simply jealousy with a halo". ;-)Wish I could remember who said it... ...
misc.kids.pregnancy - Jan 22, 2001 by michelle downunder - View Thread (334 articles)
Re: math manipulatives
... University. There's a saying: Engineers think that equations approximate reality. Physicists think reality approximates the equations. ...
k12.ed.math - Apr 22, 1995 by MollyKC - View Thread (3 articles)
Re: Tailhook finally eclipsed by army sex scandal!!!!!!!!!
... Not mine. There's a saying that a couple of hundred years ago, Britain sent her convicts to Australia and her lawyers to America. ...
sci.military.naval - Dec 2, 1996 by Paul J. Adam - View Thread (256 articles)
Re: An Apology by Ronie J Whalen to the people of rec.arts. ...
... There's a saying that "You can't kick people toward you." Instead of getting angry at someone (like me) who doesn't like your favorites, why not try explaining ...
rec.arts.movies.current-films - Oct 23, 1997 by Myra Shinkman - View Thread (4 articles)
Re: Help! Brendella (new) or MasterCraft (used)?
... There's a saying, the day you buy a boat is the second happiest day in your boating life, selling it is the first. I also didn't want to feel this way. ...
rec.sport.waterski - Jun 17, 1997 by RobPman - View Thread (20 articles)
Re: [META] Why I'm Scarce
... (There's a saying in politics: "Moderates elect you, but extremists finance you.") In some respects, the last decade was fairly liberal (not that I think ...
alt.games.whitewolf - Sep 26, 2001 by Richard Clayton - View Thread (113 articles)
The Fannish Mind (wasRe: Mike Myers and Judy Myers Halloween ...
... understanding. There's a saying: FIAWOL (Fandom Is A Way Of Life); I think that true in a lot of areas beyond science fiction itself. ...
talk.politics.animals - Nov 16, 1999 by Rat & Swan - View Thread (3 articles)
Re: Kids first knife - sharp or _not_sharp
... what has been said above. There's a saying that states "the most dangerous knife is the one which is not sharp". If the knife is ...
rec.knives - Dec 16, 1997 by David Suarez de Lis - View Thread (18 articles)
Re: ZELDA 64? Or dd Z64?
... You know, there's a saying people use when an upset occurs in football -- that's why they play the game. No, add-ons don't have a good track record. ...
rec.games.video.nintendo - Jun 5, 1997 by Hanson - View Thread (9 articles)
Re: Establishing software quality (was, er, many other things)
... (Not to mention that those kinds of projects ALSO include huge amounts of software.) I've heard that there's a saying at Boeing: The jet is ready to ship when ...
comp.os.os2.advocacy - Dec 27, 1998 by Steven C. Den Beste - View Thread (26 articles)
I've heard that there's a saying at Boeing: The jet is ready to ship when
the documentation outweights it.