Splib

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon Sep 27 17:27:40 UTC 2004

Look like the old /hw/-/w/ jumped up. It bit me the other day. I was
out in the garden working and bitching and carrying on about how hard
I had it, etc... My neighbor said " You want some cheese and crackers
to go  with that wine." Luckily my pragmatic organizer took over, and
I had to figure out why what he said make sense. Finally, of course,
I got to his "wine" - "whine" homophony.

dInIs (whose /hw/-/w/ is obviously intact)

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor