American Sign Language---query

Rachel Shuttlesworth rshuttle at BAMA.UA.EDU
Wed Apr 13 15:00:48 UTC 2005

For a good introductory description of ASL and its history, as well as
signed languages in other parts of the world, check out Chapter 12
American Sign Language by Lucas and Valli in Finegan and Rickford's
"Language in the USA: Themes for the 21st Century." As a complete newbie
to the topic, I found it to be useful.
Rachel