Fwd: greengrocer's apostrophe in action

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Aug 5 14:33:29 UTC 2005

In case anyone thought this was a dying practice, or wanted some
real-life examples, here's a spam I just received.  Note in
particular the greeting sentence.

--- begin forwarded text

To: laurence.horn at yale.edu
From: Gunner <Trent at wyom.net>
Subject: Climb Aboard the Small-Cap Gravy Train
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 00:29:13 -0700

***WATCH THIS ONE AUGUST 5-15 AS WE KNOW MANY OF YOU LIKE MOMENTUM***

Timing is everything!

Profits of 300-400% EXPECTED
SYMBOL: CWTD
(Ticker: CWTD.OB)
Price: $2.42
10-Day Target: $10

Good day to all broker's, Day Trader's and Investor's  World stock report
has become famous with some great stock picks in the otc , small cap
market's!!!!!!!!!!    Here at World Stock Report we work on what we here
from the street. Rumor's circulating and keeping the focus on the company's
news. We pick our companies based on there growth potential. We focus on
stocks that have great potential to move up in price.!!!!!!!!!! While giving
you liquitity.

--- end forwarded text