CFM PUMPS, not shoes

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Fri Aug 12 19:00:45 UTC 2005

        There does seem to be an established association of fuck-me
pumps with Joan Crawford.  A few cites:

        ""We did some of our best work in drag," he says, "but that's
because you put two guys, who are as serious about their work as Hanks
and I are, in dresses and wigs and Joan Crawford hurt-me pumps and we're
going to go after it in the most aggressive way possible.""  New Jersey
Record, 2/15/1991.  I'm guessing that "hurt-me pumps" is a euphemism.
This seems to have been originally in the L.A. Times, but I don't have a
confirming cite or date.

        "Dear Joan Crawford (you *do* have your "come fuck me" pumps, I
hope?), my ancestors the Vikings fucked each other silly, as they did
just about anyone they could catch hold of."  Google Groups, 1/27/1992.

        "It is perhaps a relief to Busch that he can now get laughs
without having to cinch himself into one of Joan Crawford's old get-ups,
complete with those infamous make-love-to-me pumps."  Newsday,
2/19/1995.

        "With this saucy frock Krysi is wearing a pair of
super-high-heeled open-toed $350 Agent Provocateur pumps that the store
calls minipeeps but that in the 1970s were know as Joan Crawford fuck-me
pumps."  Village Voice, 2/12/2003.

        It's interesting to see the different versions.  "Fuck-me
boots," the only one I had heard before, gets the most Google hits, with
12,100, but "fuck-me pumps," which seems to be the oldest, is almost as
popular with 9600.  "Fuck-me shoes," which started the discussion, hangs
in with 3910, while "fuck-me heels," which may owe what popularity it
has to Sex and the City, lags with 752.

John Baker