CFM PUMPS, not shoes

Sat Aug 13 17:55:00 UTC 2005

To John Baker's citations w.r.t. fuck-me pumps, my wife writes:

I don't think the word "pumps" for shoes is used much anymore, which may
explain the transition to CFM shoes. Also - and check the dictionary for
this - I think of pumps as referring to closed shoes, except when specified
as open-toed pumps, while today's CFM shoes can just as easily be sandals,
mules, etc.
<<<

Also, I just happened across this, in the comic "9 Chickweed Lane". The
characters are a young woman and a young gay man, who share an apartment
along with his partner . They are in a shoe store, looking at a display of
very high stiletto heels.
(http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/chickweed/archive/chickweed-20050804.html)

1.she: I can't decide. What do you think of these shoes?

2. (Both are staring down at the floor, presumably at the shoes on her feet,
which are out of frame.)

3. (He is still looking down, one hand on mouth, pondering. She is looking
at him, or rather glaring.)

4. she: On *me*.

-- Mark A. Mandel