Un-water

Wed Aug 31 16:51:38 UTC 2005

>From Cornell's Making of America database

Scientific American. / New Series, Oct 26, 1867 Volume 17, Issue 17: pp.
257-272
p. 260 1 match of 'unwater'

"There are plenty now who can float a railway over a fathom-
less bog, or tunnel two miles under a lake, or span a chasm
half a mile wide at a 'single leap, or unwater a mine drowned
to its uttermost depths, or take a railway and its rolling stock
up an Alpine steep, or put in a pier in a hundred feet of water
and mud, or stop a rushing torrent where a sluice has burst
in treacherous ground, or perform any one of the hundred
miracles which have given such lustre to our profession."