F*** with = have sex with?

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon Dec 12 19:15:11 UTC 2005

I don't see "fuck with" = "have sexual intercourse with" as
"idiomatic." I do see "fuck with" as challenge [Don't fuck with me!],
tinker [Stop fucking with that thing!], and tease [Are you just
fucking with me?] as idiomatic. But idioms may marginalize literals
(as "kick the bucket clearly illustrates).

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor