Outhouse and Penthouse and Castle (1969)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 26 16:02:52 UTC 2005

PENTHOUSE OR OUTHOUSE--17 Google hits
OUTHOUSE OR PENTHOUSE--22 Google hits
FROM + PENTHOUSE + OUTHOUSE--26,600 Google hits
More on the outhouse and the penthouse and the castle, all in a nice 1969
quote!...Billl Parcells previously used the "outhouse or castle" line in  2003.
_http://www.footballguys.com/03update102.htm_
(http://www.footballguys.com/03update102.htm)
August 26, 2003
"The days of just being able to line up and roll over the top of people,
with all the multiple fronts you're seeing and all the heavy blitzing, are
over," Parcells said. "A lot of defenses these days will try to outnumber you in
certain areas consistently, and sometimes that winds up being a guessing game
and it's either outhouse or  castle at the end of the day.
_Settled  in Penthouse, Alyea Aims for Castle; Slugger Remembers Outhouse _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=6&did=146736002&SrchMode=1&sid=4&Fmt=10&VI
nst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1135611887&clientId=65882)
Washington Post Staff WriterBy George Minor Jr.. The Washington Post, Times
Herald (1959-1973). Washington,  D.C.: Mar 2, 1969. p. 148 (1 page) :
"I went from the outhouse (6 years in the minors) to the penthouse (the
majors) on determination last year. This year I'm going to move into the  castle,"
he promised.
(Brant Alyea--ed.)
_49ers  Do It the Viking Way---With Muscle_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=7&did=661582142&SrchMode=1&sid=4&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName
=HNP&TS=1135612168&clientId=65882)
MAL  FLORENCE. Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File).  Los Angeles, Calif.:
Dec 28, 1970. p. F1 (2 pages)
Pg. 7:
Then, Nunley paused and made an expansive gesture with his hand: "To think,
in one year we've gone from the outhouse to the penthouse."
_New  Bruin QB Came Up Long Way_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=8&did=602974712&SrchMode=1&sid=4&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=113
5612215&clientId=65882)
JEFF PRUGH. Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File). Los Angeles, Calif.:  Oct
29, 1971. p. D3 (1 page) :
"Scott has proved to everybody around here," he said, "that it's not very
far from the outhouse to the penthouse."
_I'm  in Outhouse--Dooley_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=9&did=597962312&SrchMode=1&sid=4&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=113561231
1&clientId=65882)
DON PIERSON. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: Dec 7,
1971. p. C1 (1 page) :
"How to go from the penthouse to the outhouse in three short weeks?"
     _The Odessa American_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=QIApIoRPQIyKID/6NLMW2qDtI5jqK3MPASrBjf8EFdE88yY0ATD6ikIF+CsZYmrz)  _Monday,
April 11, 1960_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+date:1960-04-11)  _Odessa,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+cityid:21214+AND+stateid:94+AND+ran
ge:1753-1967)   _Texas_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+stateid:94+AND+range:1753-1967)   ...20 b.
Investments From PENTHOUSE to OUTHOUSE to express our thanks  to the.....AND radio
terms. Victory Home. Sth AND Texas. FE  7-46S8. ECONOMY Radio AND..
     _The Daily Times News_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=ONKPmHWqWNiKID/6NLMW2pqUdq0iNxpYBEEehCjTBm5C84GUatOpPEIF+CsZYmrz)  _Monday,
December 23, 1963_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+date:1963-12-23)  _Burlington,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+cityid:3889+AND+stateid:68+
AND+range:1753-1967)   _North  Carolina_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=penthouse+and+outhouse+AND+stateid:68+AND+range:1753-1967)
...team to  chfllyll 'Like Going From OUTHOUSE To PENTHOUSE' Chargers
Get.....It's like going from the house to the PENTHOUSE." IBcwl at  Philadelphia..