reposting

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 7 21:10:58 UTC 2005

--On Friday, January 7, 2005 3:38 PM -0500 "Bethany K. Dumas"
<dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU> wrote:

> I guess we just have dfferent mindsets about receiving the same long
> post 3-4 or more times. It drives me crazy. For one thing, I occasionally
> want to file a bit of information - but not if it is contained in a
> lengthy post containing re-posted text that I do not want to file - at
> least not again!
>
> Or perhaps many of you have such huge mail quotas that you never think
> about volume. Is that it?
>
> Surely we can do brief summarizing when we are returning to old topics. In
> fact, I think that makes our perspectives clearer.

I'm with you. I find it very difficult to follow massively top-posted
discussions, and tend to just delete messages without reading them. And I
still read email at home via dialup, and so would prefer not to get a lot
of lengthy messages with no new content to them.

--
Alice Faber
Haskins Labs, 270 Crown St, New Haven, CT, 06511
faber at haskins.yale.edu