sammich in Iowa and France

Fri Jan 21 16:59:00 UTC 2005

"sa'wich" is, I'm sure, my normal, informal pronunciation (with nasalization
of the firfst vowel, of course). This strikes me as the "most informal stage,"
with the /nd/ pronunciation as the most formal and the /nw/ pronunciation the
"nearly" least "formal." The pronuncation with the velar nasal sounds alien
to me (not that David Barnhart is an alien in any sense except that he is
apparently not a member of my sub-dialect clan with respect to this important
word."

The pronunciation with the velar nasal sounds like something that a French
vampire would delight in (to continue with the silly puns).