Sexual expressions regarding black women

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 30 19:38:09 UTC 2005

What I heard in the '70s (as a brag) was "Once black, never back."

An old movie provided "I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, blonde, and sweet."

And who could forget Goddess Judy Tenuta (she of the eternal accordion) saying (mid '90s)

"I like my men the way I like my subways!  Hot [accordion discord here] !  Packed [accordion discord] !  And coming every five minutes !"

JL

Jerry E Kane <Jerryekane at AOL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Jerry E Kane
Subject: Sexual expressions regarding black women

In Los Angeles circa 1940/1950, we used several expressions:

When asked, "How do you like your coffee?", the response would be:

" I like my coffee just like my women, hot, black and only costs a dime."

Another expression used when alluding to a sexual liason with a black woman:

"Once you go black, you never come back."

Jerry E Kane
Los Angeles, CA