another weirdly generalized "ironically"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 12 15:27:50 UTC 2005

>Ironically, Larry, we young moderns are all using "ironically" to
>mean "interestingly."
>
>So get with it.
>
>JL

Hmmm...

"I forgot to bring my umbrella with me today, and interestingly
enough it rained."

"Cano blew the sacrifice and interestingly enough he then hit into a
double play."

Well, if one's interest threshold is low enough, I suppose.    Whatever.