Loose talk

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Jul 14 22:06:12 UTC 2005

It reminds me of the time that a bunch of us were discussing the old -
well, back then, they were the new - Chomskyan syntactic-movement
rules, specifically, so-called "Yiddish Movement," when one of the
participants, an Italian-American, remarked, "Well, 'Yiddish Movement'
I *never* use." Needless to say, the sentence, "Yiddish Movement I
never use," is itself a stunningly-obvious example of Yiddish Movement.

-Wilson