"Beam me up" to a "TV dinner"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 20 19:23:56 UTC 2005

If you've ever eaten a tv dinner and watched Star Trek, today is  probably
not your day.
Star Trek's "Scotty"--famous for "beam me up" that I hope Fred has
recorded--has died.
Gerry Thomas, the inventor of the "tv dinner," has also died.
(GOOGLE NEWS)
_Star Trek's 'Scotty' dead at 85_
(http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/entertainment/s_355380.html)
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, PA -   <NOBR>21 mi
By United Press  International. Canadian actor James Doohan, best known as
"Star Trek's"  Scotty, died Wednesday in his Washington state home at the age of
85.  ...
_Man credited for inventing the TV  dinner dies_
(http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3274448)
Houston Chronicle, United States -  <NOBR>15  minu
— Gerry Thomas, credited with  inventing the TV dinner more than a
half-century ago and giving it its singular name, has died at the age of 83.  ...
_Inventor of TV dinner dies at  age 83_ (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8645487/)
MSNBC -   <NOBR>35 mi
PHOENIX - Gerry Thomas, the  former poultry company executive who helped
marry American television with  mealtime as inventor of the TV Dinner, has  died
at age 83 ...