making it across the pond?

Fri Jun 24 05:15:50 UTC 2005

The (London) Times, Friday, Sep 28, 1928; pg. 7; Issue 45010; col A
     The Coming Election. Mr. Baldwin On His Policy., Safeguarding Pledge Repeated.

[quoting a speech by PM Baldwin]

"Mr. Tom Johnston, for whom I confess a sneaking regard, described the programme as a sort of dog's breakfast, in which there were scraps for every palate. (Laughter.)"