borrow/lend

Patti J. Kurtz kurtpatt4 at NETSCAPE.NET
Fri Mar 4 15:36:28 UTC 2005

I searched the newer archives for this reversal, but didn't hit much.
is there a way to access the older ones?  A student of mine is curious
about the origins of this reversal, which she notices in her own speech
(North dakota)

Thanks either for a re-hash of this or a link to something about it.

Patti
--

Dr. Patti J. Kurtz

Assistant Professor, English

Director of the Writing Center

Minot State University

Minot, ND 58707

Foster: What about our evidence? They've got to take notice of that.

Straker: Evidence. What's it going to look like when Henderson claims
that we manufactured it, just to get a space clearance program?

Foster: But we are RIGHT!

Straker: Sometimes, Colonel, that's not quite enough.