GREAZY and GREA SY

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Fri Mar 11 17:02:03 UTC 2005

I reckon I would call it greazy Tony's (not a pejorative as far as
some foods are concerned by the way). The light and delicate of my
earlier post was misleading. But if I stuck my hand into axle grease
I'd say it was greazy; if I picked up something which had, say,
sewing machine oil on it, I would say it was "greasy." Both
situations are "negative" (I don't want no grease on me), which seems
to be my requirement for such usage.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston