GREAZY and GREASY

Fri Mar 11 17:17:49 UTC 2005

In a message dated 3/11/05 12:02:25 PM, preston at MSU.EDU writes:

> I reckon I would call it greazy Tony's (not a pejorative as far as
> some foods are concerned by the way). The light and delicate of my
> earlier post was misleading. But if I stuck my hand into axle grease
> I'd say it was greazy; if I picked up something which had, say,
> sewing machine oil on it, I would say it was "greasy." Both
> situations are "negative" (I don't want no grease on me), which seems
> to be my requirement for such usage.
>
> dInIs

Thanks for the clarification.

What about IN you? "Lightly and delicately oiled" sounded to me like my
friend Mack O'Barr's Italian salads, made with a little fine olive oil, a touch of
lemon juice, and some sea salt. (And lettuce, of course.)

I have eaten many fine meals with DInIs (and the lovely Mrs. Preston), and
the subject of his greasy hands has never come up, so maybe I just naturally
think of him in the context of food rather than axles and sewing machines.