Is there such a phenomenon as "undercorrection/hypocorrection?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Mar 17 21:25:54 UTC 2005

Of course you were "kidding about the laziness." Really? What's the
evidence in support of this claim? All we know is what you wrote and
nothing that you wrote supports the "kidding" (re)interpretation.

Just kidding!