Hola

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 28 15:21:04 UTC 2005

Okay, I'll bite. Is "shits 'n' grins" legit, or just something creative to impress us ?

I've heard of "shittin' and grinnin'," natch.

JL

"Rex W. Stocklin" <stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Rex W. Stocklin"
Subject: Hola
since I joined and have wondered why?

As a strokee ("stroke survivor," "stroker,"
"brain attackee" - however "stroke victim" is
déclassé and passé), I've been pretty much become
confined to a 2 by 2 butt-print in front of my
Mac. Thus, online is my oyster. A good deal of it
I find banal, but every once in a while, I'll
stumble across a gem such as ADS.

Can any verbivore come in and play or does one
have to be credentialed? Any list that actually
allows for the enlightened investigation of the
word "fuck", without the attendant "thyself" (or,
as dictated by the METALLICA RULZ, a barrage of
juvenile epithets) is a cyber sandbox in which
I'd like to play.

I've tried to read the list awhile before posting
to get the "lay of the LAN", but with such a high
volume I find it difficult to understand what
goes here and what doesn't. Some posts seem very
scholarly, others casual, so I am guessing it is
fairly ecumenical in that regard, nest ce pas?

I look to be enlightened and have some shits 'n' grins.

Lexy Rexy
Fishers, IN.