Hola

Mon Mar 28 15:25:44 UTC 2005

During the 1980 Republican National Convention, the Democratic
opposition was Jimmy Carter (aka "Grits") and Walter Mondale (aka
"Fritz").  I clearly remember seeing a sign being carried around on the
convention floor, saying "Fritz and Grits give me the shits".  It was
the first time I had been exposed to that scatalogical term over
broadcast TV.

> "Rex W. Stocklin" <stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: "Rex W. Stocklin"
> Subject: Hola
>
> Hi...long time listener, first time caller.
>
> Can any verbivore come in and play or does one have to be
> credentialed?

Rex -- I'm not credentialed by any stretch, and they treat me nice --
probably better than I deserve.