Take 'em apart

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 31 21:11:06 UTC 2005

Perhaps he was thinking of "deconstructionists (that means there is no truth)."

JL

"Peter A. McGraw" <pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Peter A. McGraw"

Subject: Take 'em apart

I can't resist being the first to share this latest example of "Bushonics"
with the list.

During my commute this morning, "Morning Edition" cut to live coverage of
Bush's news conference, and I heard the latest zinger, live. Answering a
question about the amnesty international report that blasts the U.S. for
human rights violations, he said that some of the people who have made
charges of prisoner abuse "are trained as disassemblers (that means not
telling the truth)."

Peter Mc.