morphological reanalysis (or blend)

Wed Nov 9 19:35:04 UTC 2005

from a friend this morning, the hilarious account of a penis cake
(with photo):

   http://www.livejournal.com/users/childunit/112356.html

with the use of "fellatiate" in it:

   my mom attacked it and proceeded to fellatiate it

2,520 raw google webhits, almost all of them apparently genuine,
either literal:

   ... one subincised person describes that his girlfriend likes the
subincision because she can fellatiate him to ejaculation without
getting any in her mouth ...
encyc.bmezine.com/?subincision

   (note nice anaphoric island violation in there.)

or metaphorical:

   I still can't figure out why these conventions happen. It's no
mystery who's going to be the nominee, and no one in the general
public gives a rat's ass about them. It's just costing tax payers
millions of dollars for security and is basically so each party can
fellatiate eachother for a week. This all is so friggen pointless...
forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1055499

possibly a morphological reanalysis, basing the verb on the
"fellati-" of "fellatio", or even a blend of "fellatio" and (the
semantically related) "masturbate".

arnold