OT: Daniel Chester French's models (Columbia's Alma Mater, etc.)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Nov 15 22:45:08 UTC 2005

 From the site
http://www.yeodoug.com/resources/dc_french/alma_mater/dcfrench_alma_mater.html:

  "Alma Mater's" face is one of the most beautiful in French's
output. The model may have been Mary Lawton, an actress and friend of French's.

There is also a reference (link) to an article in "Columbia News".

(I did not Google further, for other hypotheses.)

Joel