"Murphy's Law" Lead

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 16 23:42:11 UTC 2005

According to Dickson (55), FWIW, "People had talked about a mysterious
scientist named 'Finagle' for many years before November 1957, when John W.
Campbell, Jr., editor of _Astounding Science Fiction_, asked his readers to
help him collect and publish Finagle's 'famous unwritten laws of science,'
but, after that announcement, Finagle became as much a part of scientific
lore as Murphy has become a part of general lore."

Is there a library that has collected ASF? My local library has the complete
run of F&SF from v.1(1) to the present, but not a single issue of God's own
SF mag.

Dickson, Paul. Springfield, MA: c1978 et seq. The Official rules and
regulations.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray