Chinese "kanji"

Fri Oct 7 02:07:46 UTC 2005

Some other uses of katakana are at:
http://www.jekai.org/entries/aa/00/no/aa00no04.htm. I should perhaps add
items 5 and 6 below, though I'm not sure about what 4 refers to. Any
examples?

"Raion" IS the word for lion in Japanese. I've found that the traditional
word, shishi, is generally unknown to Japanese people today, though it is
still found in some words such as shishimai ([Chinese] lion dance).

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better World
www.hiroki.us