The changes just keep on coming.

Joel Shaver vole at NETW.COM
Thu Oct 20 22:31:22 UTC 2005

It helps when the orthography reflects the 'aw' pronunciation- as in
'Enumclaw...'  I'm from Eastern Washington (TRUE Eastern Washington--
Spokane area), and my friends and family always firmly pronounced the
'a.'  Imagine my horror when I started making friends who told me
they were from Yakim(schwa)...

I solemnly swear never to drink soda and to always insist on pop.

BTW- the original spelling for the Indian tribe is 'Yakama...'  Just
an interesting sidenote.

Joel Shaver
University of Glasgow
(Previously University of Washington)