Antedating of "Biodiversity"

Tue Sep 13 16:04:33 UTC 2005

"National Forum on BioDiversity"
The Washington Post; Aug 22, 1986; Weekend section p. 2 col 3.
[term appears only in article title]

And some article citations (I couldn't get to full-text or page images)
which appear to antedate:

Wilson, E.O. 1985. The biodiversity crisis: A challenge to science.
Issues in Science and Technology
2: 20-29.

Lloyd, M., Zar, J.H., Karr, J.R., 1968.  On the calculation of
informational-theoretical measures of biodiversity.  Am. Midl. Nat. 79,
257-272.

Cairns, J.; Albaugh, D. W.; Busey, F.; Chaney, D. 1968:  The sequential
comparison index -- a simplified method for non-biologists to estimate
relative differences in biodiversity in stream pollution.  Journal of
Water Pollution Control Federation 40:1607 - 1613.