ADS-L Digest - 18 Sep 2005 to 19 Sep 2005 (#2005-263)

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Wed Sep 21 13:19:46 UTC 2005

Yes, this is a "jug handle" turn, not as previously described. And a "jug
handle" is the is the paved pull-off you use to execute the turn. An
intersection with jug handles is a clover leaf without the overpasses.

DARE says it is "esp. NJ" and has a date from 1961. This accords to my
experience growing up in Jersey.

--Dave Wilton
  dave at wilton.net
  http://www.wilton.net