"stuck on stupid"

Chris Waigl cwaigl at FREE.FR
Thu Sep 22 00:00:18 UTC 2005

Mullins, Bill wrote:

>"Mayor scores with youth unit" BY Pam McClintock and Vincent McCraw
>THE WASHINGTON TIMES  11 August 1990 PG A2
>
>" "We're talking about a government with hate in its heart coming after
>one person using millions of dollars. We need to start letting {U.S.
>Attorney General Dick} Thornburgh know that he shouldn't get stuck on
>stupid and try this again. He needs to let it go," said Ms. Hughes.  "
>[Cathy Hughes:  Cathy Hughes Show on WOL-AM radio]
>
>Back atcha . . .  <G>

Slightly later, slightly different, from Usenet:

----
Someone must have "set phasers on 'stupid'" and nailed the entire
promotions staff.  Why do they have to give away the entire storyline, or
even worse, the climactic moment/resolution, in the damned promo?
rec.arts.startreck, Sep 15 1990
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.startrek/msg/def5d10473e105f6
----

--