The Dirty Word in 43 Down

Fri Apr 7 17:41:59 UTC 2006

When NYPD Blue first came on, there was much notice of its use of this
word.  I knew it then as "despicable person", but was surprised when the
used condom sense was brought out -- I'd never heard it in that sense
(or even to mean "condom").  Since that time, 1993, I've been paying
attention and have never once heard it used as a synonym for "used
condom" or "condom" unless, as Jesse notes, that someone was asserting
that it had that meaning.