Job opening

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Apr 11 19:24:36 UTC 2006

I hope this isn't an inappropriate use of the ADS list, but
my department is looking for an English language scholar
(probably a recent Ph.D.) for a temporary faculty position.
I have copied the search ad below.

We are trying to fill the teaching gap left by John Algeo's
retirement.  If y'all know of prospects, please pass the
announcement along to them.  (I'll be glad to answer
questions.)

--Charlie
__________________________________

University of Georgia Franklin Fellowship.  Instructorship,
renewable up to three years, in English Language Studies.
Teaching will include History of the English Language,
English Grammar, and other English Language courses within
the competence of the successful candidate.  Teaching load: 5
courses per year.  Candidates must have Ph.D. in hand and
demonstrated excellence as classroom teachers.  Send
application and c.v. by May 5, 2006, to Douglas Anderson,
Head, Department of English, University of Georgia, Athens,
GA  30602, or by email to <anderson at uga.edu>.  The
University of Georgia is an AA/EEO institution.