"I we/they can put a man on the moon..."

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 28 17:36:40 UTC 2006

This old cliche was used just recently. It was said BEFORE we/they put a man on the moon.
http://ftl.nypress.com/blog.cfm?blog_id=658
Tram Slam

City Council Member Jessica Lappin doesn't think very highly of the City's delay in getting the Roosevelt Island tram up-and-running again.
"If we can put a man on the moon, we can safely operate the Roosevelt Island tram," said Lappin.

John D. | Apr. 27 at 1:57 PM | Post Comment

Comments | Post Comment
Hey, Johhny, tell Lappin it wasn't that easy! | Posted By Neal Armstrong on 4/27/06 at 4:25PM
2 Senators Term Farm Housing in Tulare 'Shameful'; FARM HOUSING
HARRY BERNSTEIN. Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File). Los Angeles, Calif.: Mar 16, 1966. p. 3 (2 pages)
When one witness objected to collective bargaining for farm workers on grounds that no one could devise a system to achieve the goal (Sen Robert F.--ed.) Kennedy said:
"If we can put a man on the moon by the end of the 1960s, it seems we should be able to work out such a simple problem for farm workers after 30 years of talking about it."
Get Rid Of Ghettoes, Humphrey Urges
ETHEL L PAYNE. Chicago Daily Defender (Daily Edition) (1960-1973). Chicago, Ill.: Jul 1, 1968. p. 5 (1 page)
"Democracy is not a printout or a package to be delivered; it is an experience for all in society. If we can put a man on the moon, then we can put a man on his feet here on earth," said Mr. (Hubert--ed.) Humphrey.
As California Goes So Goes the Country
ELIOT JANEWAY. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: May 27, 1971. p. C7 (1 page)
Aerospace is a vast assembly of some of the nation's most imaginative and forward-looking scientists, and I am confident that if they can put a man on the moon, they can resolve technological problems here on earth.