"Murder" Quotation

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Aug 7 12:56:30 UTC 2006

These are all pretty obvious, I expect, and probably too imprecise to
point to findable evidence, but I think I remember something like
this quote from years ago.

New Yorker cartoon?  Perhaps now in their collection of lawyer jokes?
Algonquin Club?
Dorothy Parker?

(On the other hand, being curious myself I looked in Google Book
Search , where it is "also attributed" by Cassell's Humorous
Quotations to Elizabeth Longford, historian wife of the 7th ...  I
wonder who the other is.)

Joel