Red

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Fri Aug 11 16:53:57 UTC 2006

I agree, the label will only serve to rile up strong feelings about 2004,
when Ohio went red under somewhat dubious circumstances (let's not go
there...).  Ted is currently U.S. rep from my district, and we love him
down here in SE Ohio.  But he's already been called every name in the
book--leftist, non-religious (though he's a Methodist minister), even gay
(because he and his wife have no children).  It may be that the sign is
meant to suggest "Ted [is not] Red," i.e., pinko; but it won't be read that
way these days.