It's time to moveon.org ...

William Salmon william.salmon at YALE.EDU
Tue Aug 15 22:54:02 UTC 2006

I was curious to see if anyone had been hearing "time to moveon.org" in
non-political contexts? Google gives plenty of political examples, but
there are some that seem to have moved beyond any connection to the
political Web site or Democrats or Republicans:

"I feel great about having participated in this, but, we are now a month
past the contest end, time to moveon.org. I have to jump to Art
Spiegelman's defense. He personally sent me a very kind and encouraging
e-mail."

"It?s the 20th anniversary of Boris Becker?s first win at Queen?s
Club, so when the Wimbledon tuneup is about to start, Becker will
celebrate by playing John McEnroe there in an exhibition. It?s
apparently because the two never got a chance to play each other on
grass?to which I say, ?So what?? What did they do, invent the
touch volley and atomic serve? Give mankind fire? I smell an Elton John
concert in the offing, and an offer of free admission to anyone who
shows up wearing your members-only jacket.

It?s time to Moveon.org, John, Boris . . ."