Spelling pronunciation spot-check

Thu Aug 17 14:05:10 UTC 2006

So do I, pronounce the "l" in "calm" that is.  This
sounds very natural to me and doesn't astonish me at
all.  Is the issue the clarity of the sound, that is,
is it emphasized?

However, no "l" in "salmon" for me: I do pronounce the
"l" in "Salmo salar", but then I've never studied
latin.

http://mail.yahoo.com