Re: [ADS-L] The not -so-slow death of truthiness?

Thu Aug 17 14:26:23 UTC 2006

In a message dated 8/17/06 10:22:10 AM, fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU writes:

> When I search LexisNexis, I get 239 hits in the past six months, 49 in the
> past month, and 30 in the past week.
>
> Fred Shapiro

This reflects the difference between the full LN (which Fred has access to)
and LNAcademic (which is all that I have access to without going over to the
law library and getting a law student to do the search for me). It is also the
case, I believe, that the full LN has lots of duplicates. Even so, the numbers
strike me as very low for "the word of the year." How do OTIOSE and RECONDITE
count in comparison?