Re: [ADS-L] The not -so-slow death of truthiness?

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Aug 18 02:07:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

> This reflects the difference between the full LN (which Fred has access to)
> and LNAcademic (which is all that I have access to without going over to the
> law library and getting a law student to do the search for me). It is also the
> case, I believe, that the full LN has lots of duplicates. Even so, the numbers
> strike me as very low for "the word of the year." How do OTIOSE and RECONDITE
> count in comparison?

truthiness              otiose          recondite
239 past 6 mos          64 past 6 mos   72 past 6 mos
49 past month           3 past month    8 past month
30 past week            1 past week     1 past week

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS