SWAE relative "what"

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Wed Aug 23 19:14:30 UTC 2006

Really, Wilson?  I've never heard it, in lower or higher orders (a horrible
phrase, btw, even though I know you're implying a smiley face).  But I do
hear it from foreign-born English speakers often, including those who have
lived here a long time.  I doubt the blend theory though; let's not get
carried away with blending as an explanation.

Beverly