IMing lives

Barnhart barnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Fri Aug 25 14:56:24 UTC 2006

The following appeared on another List.  I thought it might interest
followers of the IM medium.  I'd be interested in seeing word (?) lists
from other special fields.

Regards,
David

barnhart at hightlands.com

This week's entry in the 'something for the weekend' category:

Hughes, Roger W. "Legalese in the Age of IM (Instant Messaging)." in The
Appellate Advocate (State Bar of Texas Appellate Section Report) Vol 18,
No. 5. Summer, 2006.

 [
/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.tex-app.org/advocate/advocate_v18n5.pdf
]http://www.tex-app.org/advocate/advocate_v18n5.pdf

Their Appellate Haiku Contest looks fun too.

The article has been picked up by the Wall Street Journal, with additional
contributions:
[ http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/08/18/fwiw-this-one-made-us-lol/
]http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/08/18/fwiw-this-one-made-us-lol/

Kate Haworth
School of English Studies
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

attachmentmay still contain software viruses, which could damage your
computer system:you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
communications with theUniversity of Nottingham may be monitored as
permitted by UK legislation.