"Hope is not a plan"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 28 02:50:50 UTC 2006

My wife asked me about "Hope is not a plan." It's been popularized by the
war in Iraq (2002-present) and by Hurricane Katrina, but there is one slim 1956
cite.
(GOOGLE NEWS)

_Spike Lee's Katrina documentary is sorrowful, yet  searing_
(http://www.azcentral.com/ent/movies/articles/0822spikelee0822.html)
AZ  Central.com, AZ -  <NOBR>Aug 21,
... bureaucratic bungling. As  some anonymous philosopher scrawled on a sign
captured by the camera:  "Hope Is Not a Plan.". Their feelings ...

_Is hope the plan_
(http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2006/08/on_iraq_is_hope.html)
Chicago Tribune, United States -  <NOBR>Aug
... what might lie ahead. As  US generals themselves said at the start of the
war in 2003, hope is  not a plan. Pace's optimistic answer ...

_Life lesson No. 1: think before you act_
(http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=3d63a58d-e17e-4232-b4d6-923455e21a95)
Ottawa Citizen,  Canada -   <N
... As one wise US  officer in Iraq said a few years ago: "Hope is not a
plan." Anyone  who studied physics knows that for every action, there is a
reaction.  ...
(GOOGLE BOOKS)
_Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq:  Markup Before the
Committee on Internationa... - Page 7_
(http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0160692857&id=DVPev_zCQF4C&q="hope+is+not+a+plan"&dq="hope+is+not+a+plan"&ie=ISO-8
859-1)
by United States. Congress. House. Committee on  International Relations -
2002 - 197 pages
Mr. Chairman, hope is not a plan,  nor is hope a method that we can depend
upon
to ensure our national  security. I believe that we all want a nonviolent ...
_Report of the Navajo-Hopi Relocation Commission: Hearing  Before the Select
Committee on Indian... - Page 40_
(http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC10448237&id=x-C3nicaqAMC&q="hope+is+not+a+plan"&dq="hope+is+not+a+plan"&ie=ISO-8859-
1)
by United States. Congress. Senate. Select  Committee on Indian Affairs,
Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation  Commission - 1984 - 287  pages
The Commission hopes that there can be economic development on  compact
chapter
resettlement areas, but a hope Is not a plan. There  is no evidence in the ...
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
    _Homosexuality:  An interview with the Holman Bible Dictionary _
(http://groups.google.com/group/misc.education.home-school.christian/browse_thread/thre
ad/494282cce8d575b8/2d497b97e199f797?lnk=st&q="hope+is+not+a+plan"&rnum=105&hl
=en#2d497b97e199f797)
... Why take a chance, hoping for a good outcome, when we have  the
opportunity
now to exercise diligence? Remember, hope  is not a plan. ...
_misc.education.home-school.christian_
(http://groups.google.com/group/misc.education.home-school.christian?lnk=sg&hl=en)  - Dec 20 1995,  2:23 am by
Timothy Allen - 48 messages - 20 authors
_SOUTH'S  HOPES RAISED BY JOHNSON'S VICTORY; Choice of Senate Majority Leader
As Favorite  Son a Step Toward Acceptable Ticket, Platform BUT FEARS of SPLIT
REMAIN Tardy  Timing Limited Effect Acceptable to South Hope, but No Plan _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=91138780&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VIn
st=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1156733230&clientId=65882)
By ARTHUR KROCK. New York Times  (1857-Current file). New York, N.Y.: May 13,
1956. p. 173 (1 page)
_Hope, but No Plan_
(...)
But a hope is not a plan, and the Southerners need both a plan and a
candidate. So far they have neither.