"Goodfellas," the book and the movie

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Aug 28 19:38:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 03:33:52PM -0400, Wilson Gray wrote:
> Jon, have you seen the review in the TBR of a book entitled, A
> Pickpocket's Tale? It includes the brief memoir of a
> nineteenth-century career criminal, George Appo, who describes himself
> as, among other things, "a good fellow."

I have a copy of this, which I haven't read yet, but wanted to
point out for those who are considering doing this that the
author of this biography is working on an edition of Appo's
memoirs (which the bio extensively quotes from manuscript) to
be published next year. So probably better to wait a year and
quote from the memoirs directly.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED