"Goodfellas," the book and the movie

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 28 20:57:22 UTC 2006

The only exx. I've seen of "goodfellas" have been suggested by the title of the book and movie.

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: "Goodfellas," the book and the movie

Jon, have you seen the review in the TBR of a book entitled, A
Pickpocket's Tale? It includes the brief memoir of a
nineteenth-century career criminal, George Appo, who describes himself
as, among other things, "a good fellow."

I didn't see either "good fellow" or "goodfella" in HDAS, but I may
have overlooked one, the other, or both. As a house-husband and given
that Monday is washday, I'm in the middle of doing the wash. So, I'm
rather busy.

-Wilson
––
Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"––a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.

--Sam Clemens