"in love at first sight with"

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Tue Aug 29 13:38:37 UTC 2006

I didn't see this years' Emmys, but the unfamiliarity may arise not only from
the syntax, but from the two additional prepositions, however placed, as "It
was love at first sight" without "in" or "with" (more punctiliar onset?) is so
expected:
"it was love at first sight" ~354,000 google
"love at first sight" ~3,210,000

But detailed analysis might require specifying which "angel"--three rather
different voices IIRC.

Stephen