My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos (planet mnemonic)

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Wed Aug 30 18:35:31 UTC 2006

--On 30 August 2006 11:30 -0700 Brenda Lester <alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM>
wrote:
> Too negative. For a middle school, I would use:
>   My very educated mother just  served us nachos.
>   Being very educated, she would know how to please today's youth.

Ah, but that glorifies fattening foods and makes them seem like the
'educated choice'.

Let's popularize 'My very educated mother just served us nectarines.'

Lynne

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics and English Language
Arts B133
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QN

phone: +44-(0)1273-678844